Production and Processing, Manufacturing - Food products - Safety Manager
Salary: about $72K, DOE – Plus Bonus
Responsible for leading the overall safety process and culture at the facility for all salaried and hourly employees, as well as all contractors and visitors.
This position will be located at our Gadsden, AL Division (Birmingham, AL. metropolitan area)
• Responsible for writing and reviewing safety programs, policies and training materials to ensure OSHA compliance and workplace safety.
• Monitor and provide leadership related to production activities to prevent unsafe processes and conditions.
• Provide direction and leadership to Supervisors and overall safety staff.
• Responsible for management and communication of various safety-related activities to include safety audits, projects, compliance-related safety issues, safety training, etc.
• Responsible for creating, updating, analyzing, and communicating statistical data in safety-related trends analysis reports.
Ideal candidates will have
• A high school diploma or equivalent (required); BA or BS preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing/supervising workplace safety
• Computer literacy including the ability learn new software quickly
• Strong communication skills - oral and written
• Ability to sell ideas and serve as an agent of changes
• Strong organizational skills - able to prioritize
• Ability to understand and interpret safety-related government regulations
• Ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal employees ranging from line workers through levels of upper management as well as external governmental agencies. Communication involves factual exchange of highly-technical information and general problem solving and issue resolution.