Industrial Manager -Team Performance Development- Manufacturing, Packaging – Black Belt
Salary: about $70K, doe and Bonus – Full Benefits, no relocation
Dynamic leader with exceptional team building, problem solving and continuous improvement skills. Must also openly support safety as a core value and promote this throughout the facility (i.e. ensure compliance, complete safety observations and investigations, confirm completion of safety training, etc.)
* Meet with plant floor leaders to understand operations progress, issues, needs and to drive improvements in our manufacturing processes. Work with appropriate personnel to resolve any issues.
* Provide feedback to internal and external customers to maintain and improve effectiveness of area of responsibility.
* Ensure appropriate staffing to meet production goals (i.e. optimal daily staffing and overtime coverage).
* Measure and drive continuous improvement within the facility.
* Enter appropriate information into databases (i.e. eTime, inventory reconciliations, etc.) and troubleshoot systems issues (i.e. MFGPro, Fast Track, etc.).
* Manage personnel within area of responsibility including performance, development and discipline.
* Hire and orient new employees.
* Participate in determining the unit objectives and improvement plans.
* Previous experience with PSM covered processes is desirable.
* Previous roll coating, packaging experience is also desirable.
* Support Six Sigma, Enterprise Lean Sigma and problem solving efforts within the facility, including recommending and assisting in Blitz projects and Kaizen events. *Position is off-shift, 3:20pm – 11:30pm
* BS Degree in Operations, Industrial Management or related field
* Able to effectively provide leadership and promote change
* Adaptive, flexible, able to handle ambiguity *Promote and understand customer focus
* Innovative, looking for challenges, interested in learning and supporting a variety of functions
* Good verbal and written communication skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical ability, and logical problem solving skills
* Solid computer skills - AS400, MFG Pro, FastTrack, MS Office, Infomaker
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and Enterprise Lean Sigma tools; certified Black Belt or Green Belt desired
* Manufacturing experience (3-5 years)
Bill Marek - CEO