Continuous Improvement Engineer, Specialist - Manufacturing, Stamping
Salary: about $76K +, doe. Relocation: YES
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Continuous Improvement Manager is accountable for supporting company's Manufacturing Variance Program (MVP) initiatives, which will result in reductions in manufacturing costs by providing training, expertise and direction for improvement activities to support the manufacturing goals and objectives of the corporation.
SPECIFIC & ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Accountable for managing projects which will deliver substantial annual costs savings
• Lead, facilitate and execute projects using the MVP principles and processes to deliver results
• Works with MVP Champions to facilitate setting priorities, developing goals and designing objectives.
• Tie MVP projects to Corporate operating goals and objectives.
• Train, coach, and challenge process owners in the use of statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create process management and measurement systems and develop an MVP mindset at all levels.
• Oversee Train and Tackle (TNT) Project Leader’s projects and responsibilities.
Lean Manufacturing – Thin gauge steel
Skilled at determining the processes necessary to get things accomplished; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration; can simplify complex processes; can get more out of fewer resources.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Exemplary leadership/communication skills to effectively lead/facilitate MVP objectives and projects.
• Completion of the 2 week TNT for manufacturing training and ability to complete the additional 3 weeks of MVP content expert training and receive certification.
• Self-starter; able to lead cross-functional teams.
• Must be willing to travel extensively.
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree - engineering or related field desired.
• 6+ years of manufacturing experience with demonstrated process improvement experience.
Bill Marek - CEO