Applications Engineer: Equipment Manufacturing, Flow Technology, Food and Beverage
Salary: about $70K, doe. Full Benefits
BS Degree – Four plus years experience.
Our Flow Technology segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration- serves the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
Generate proposals for special and new products that represent an opportunity for the corporation and fall within the corporate strategy and capability. Assist sales with training and customer visits.
List of key responsibilities
• Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
• Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
• Requires many different processes applied to an established function and problem solving unusual circumstances.
• Work with current and prospective sales representatives and customers to establish needs, specifications and possible product modifications for future sales, primarily through telephone contact.
• Review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates for client's use of proposed equipment.
• Informs customers of technological improvements and of the advantages to the customer of using the company's products.
• Propose changes in equipment or use of materials which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
• Prepare sales quotations and proposals for products, including price and delivery.
• Resolve customer complaints and warranty issues. Handle quality problems that arise in the field in a fair and equitable manner to both the customer and the company.
• Maintain appropriate records as required by sales management and submit required reports regarding market conditions on a regular basis and take part in trade shows as requested by Sales Manager.
• Knowledge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of other industrial equipment.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and delegate work assignments.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• BS Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field and two to three years related experience. Must have prior experience working with customers on technical applications.
Bill Marek - CEO